RE: 75 TS Acceleration problems (was How To Test A 75TS AFM?)

>I disconnected the supply to one coil at a time and drove the car on one
>ignition circuit for a couple of blocks and then a couple of blocks on the
>other. There weren't any misses and the car seemed to run the same on each
>circuit, so I am guessing there is nothing wrong with the ignition system.
>But I could be wrong and I would welcome anyone putting me straight :-)
>
>One thing I did notice though was that there seemed to be no difference
>between running on one ignition system compared to running on both. Does
>this sound right?
>
>Also, when driving the car it seems to do the sluggish acceleration thing if
>you drive with a heavy foot. If I ease the accelerator down, it seems to
>accelerate better. However, having said that, I haven't worked out a pattern
>yet for when I get the kick-in-the-pants acceleration that happens now and
>then.
>
>Cheers,
>Dougal.
>

>> Dougal Mair
>> Palmerston North
>> New Zealand
>> 89 AR75 2.0TS Red (of course)

Dougal

AR 75TS ! Now I know where that car went! If you look at the airflow sensor
you'll note some modifications. That car was set up by an enthusiast and
was performing brilliantly at the time it was sold. I was associated with
the car from Day 1 and went to Continental Cars with the PO to take
delivery of it. It has lived at my place for periods when the PO and I
swapped cars for various reasons and once I took it up to Auckland for a
wedding because the bride wanted 3 Alfas as wedding cars. That is one
beautiful car - perhaps the best 75TS in New Zealand.

 We put the car on the dyno, when it was new, it was turning out a true 148
HP as claimed by the factory (the Green GTV at the same time showed 157
HP). Since then Dave Squires, the PO, sorted out the odd problem, then
spent a couple of months getting it perfect, in his opinion, before
offering it for sale.  Contact me sometime regarding your problem so we can
talk to Dave about solving it. I don't mess with electronics in case the
blue smoke leaks out.

Les - Green GTV free of electronics, free of problems....