Re: Di Dion thoughts

Jess,

At 02:58 PM 10/28/98 -0800, Jess Liao wrote:
>not sure what you guys are talking about, but the spherical joint come
>as a piece that you slide in just like the stock rubber part EXCEPT
>that the outer metal shell needs to be grinded off a little, or
>there's no way to squeez this thing in there.

	Sorry, I should have been more clear.  The grinding we were talking about
is not related to the DeDion mods.  The grinding is (not neccessarily)
neccessary when using the 105/115 upper ball joint in place of the rubber
castor bushing in the front suspension of the 116/161.  We kinda jumped
tracks there w/o much warning.  Check out The Alfa 75 / Milano Resource
page that Enzo pointed out:
http://reality.sgi.com/employees/sikand_mti/milano.html .  Click on "Front
suspension upgrade" - this describes the castor bushing upgrade.

>For me, rubber please. (must be me gettn' old :)

Normally, I'd be tempted to agree w/ you here....

>Unless I have 2 Alfas, and that I am making one of them track
>oriented car.

...You must've read my mind :-).

	Regards,
	 -Brad Porter		Williamston, Michigan USA
	  http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/5300
	  ICQ: 3011142
	  83 Silver Alfa Romeo GTV6 (The Good Twin)
	  85 Black Alfa Romeo GTV6 (The Evil Twin)
	  88 Pontiac Fiero GT (The Italian-American Step-sister)