Seeing wierd cars....

Just to follow up on the line about seeing 156's in the US...  I would guess
that they are on the way either to AZ or somewhere to Canada.   Arizona
turns out to be one of the least hospitable areas which is easy to get to.

I'm sure of presence by Jag, Rover (BMW), Fiat, GM, Chrys, and us (Ford)
all somewhere in the state.

I think the only other place in the world like Arizona is Australia (sp?),
but it is cheaper to send the cars to the US than there.

Canada is similar for extreme cold.

And it is pretty common to use similar cars as mules for powertrian
development.  Just cut off the front, and graft on a new one.  Not many
people realize that most prototype test cars cost on the order of $300k to
$500k EACH.  Really.  Can you believe a Focus that costs as much as a
Ferrari (and the Ferrari prototypes are no more expensive than that either...).
It comes from the hand fabrication of not many cars with unique parts.

I almost roll around with laughter when I see a syp shot of an obvious test
car, and reallity is nothing close.  Like the Taraus' with the door handles
bulging out a couple of years ago.  Yea, thats how it is....

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI