Re: broken ABS

Ralph's experience parallels my own recent one.  I can assure you that when
you step on the brake pedal hard enought to lift you out of the seat and there
is NO SLOWING, your eyes will open wide, and another part of your anatomy will
pucker tight big time!
My fuse was in fact broken as well, not melted.  My fuse also fooled me
because when checking continuity through the cable jacket, I had continuity -
but in retrospect, it was intermittent because I had no power on the inut side
of the pump relay.  As Ralph stated, no one had the appropriate piece.  The
counter guy at Auto Zone said he recognized it as the same as on his Diesel
Rabbit.  I did finally find the part at a local Alfa repair shop (Accel
Automotive in Waltham - good guys).  The mechanic there agreed they are very
hard to come by, but that Mercedes also used the identical part.  He keeps a
spare in his wallet just in case of emergency!!  It also looks like there is
an identical piece in the fuse block (must confess that I didn't check it
closely for it's rating).  I have to get to the local VW dealer to see if I
can pick up a few - I was out of action for far too long just looking for the
part!!.

Andy (Eastern MA)