Re: brake rebuild

Doug Bender wrote:

>I am rebuilding the rear brakes on my GTV6.  The kit comes with the
>     usual seals plus two O-rings.  I found where the smaller O-ring goes
>     (take out the C-clamp holding in one of the adjusting screws, then
>     take out the screw).  Questions:

>     - Where does the larger O-ring go?
>     - Should I separate the two halves of the caliper?  If I do separate
>     them, do I need to use some kind of sealant when I put it back
>     together?

I rebuilt my Alfetta brakes about two years ago so I'm a bit fuzzy on the
particulars but I did document the whole thing on a webpage located at:

http://www.crl.com/~pi/project/tech/brakes/caliper/calipers.htm

I believe your other O-ring goes on the inboard half's adjuster screw. You
need to separate the two halves of the caliper and take that side apart from
the inside. There are O-rings that seal the ports between the two halves.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided