brake rebuild

     I am rebuilding the rear brakes on my GTV6.  The kit comes with the
     usual seals plus two O-rings.  I found where the smaller O-ring goes
     (take out the C-clamp holding in one of the adjusting screws, then
     take out the screw).  Questions:

     - Where does the larger O-ring go?
     - Should I separate the two halves of the caliper?  If I do separate
     them, do I need to use some kind of sealant when I put it back
     together?

     Thanks

     Doug Bender

     P.S. The coolest Japanese sports car by far is the Toyota 2000GT.
     Second and third are the 240Z and the Honda 800S.  These are neat,
     visceral sports cars, as exciting as any European car in my opinion.