Wheel composition

>The Cromodoras are magnesium, the Campys probably aluminum as magnesium is
>more risky in open
air.

Campy says they make their wheels out of "Elektron" which I assumed (yes, I
know that is dangerous) to be an Alu and Mag mix. Thought they still had a
pretty high Magnesium content. I know the Cromodoras have high mag content
as the filings I test fired once made for pretty good fireworks.

Don't both Cromodoras and Campys need special paint (or really good paint)
to keep from corroding excessively? The Cromodora I experimented on (above)
was then sandblasted and spray painted. It corroded fairly quickly.

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto
84 GTV-6 (traded for GTV)
73 Berlina (FOR SALE  see my web page)
and a couple of thousand spiders (in the engine compartment of the GTV-6)

http://www.rcip.com/michael