Bob's SPICA Idle

Thanks for all the great responses on my idle problem.  As it turned out, my
short rod was too long and my long rod was too short.  In my haste to set it
up the first time, I didn't make sure the butterflies were closed SHUT.  I've
made this mistake before, and I did it again.  Despite what some will advise,
I've found that those butterflies must be closed tight.  Also, I took a
shortcut when adjusting the long rod (pushed the lever against the set screw
and lengthened the rod 1/2 turn beyond just fitting over the ball).  Again,
some will advise that 1/2 turn on the long rod = 0.019" of pump gap.  After
setting it correctly, my idle returned to proper levels.  All is well now.

Thanks again AD for the prompt responses.  You are a great resource.

Bob Brady, DVAROC
Yardley, PA

PS. Before someone chastises me, I do own a set of the AROC SPICA notes....
another great resource!