re: GTV6 ride height, etc

jake,

the way to lower/raise the front ht of the gtwe6 (& milano/75's) is by the
notches on the torsion bars.  the notches on the front of the bar, at the
a-arms, are for gross adjustment - 2"-2.5" per notch, raise the driver's side by
turning the bar clockwise in relation to the a-arm, pasenger side is opposite -
this is when looking to the front of the car from the seat.  for fine-tuning
adjustments, the notches on the rear of the torsion bar are used - i think it's
something like 13 notches per inch - i don't have my old a/r ricambi catalog
handy.  the direction you turn to raise/lower the torsion bar at the rear end of
the bar is opposite that of the front of the bar.

if you wanna decrease the negative camber to allow for more even tire wear, you
can install tom zat's eccentric upper control arm bushings, whic will
effectively increase the length of the upper control arm, pushing the tire out
at the top.  or you can grind the area at the inside of the lower a-arms, where
the shims are removed/installed - effectively decreasing the length of the lower
a-arms, pulling the tire in at the bottom.  my car is lowered, and i'm using the
zat bushings - i've got about 30k hard miles on 'em, and one seems to be
starting to get loose.

as far as height, tho highest part of the wheelwell lip on my gtwe6 is about 25"
from the ground - seems to work well.  at 24.375", i was scraping on everything!
now, only some things, and no damage, cuz i'm careful.  i'm clueless as to the
factory ht - i've asked this question, w/no definite answer ever being given.
also have heard a(n unconfirmed) rumor that euro gtv6's have longer upper
control arms than usa versions.

you mention Yoko A509, AVS-i and Dunlop D40M2 tires - i think these are good,
w/the avs-i's the best of the bunch.  i went w/bridgestone re-71's, which i
think are very close, but 1/3 cheaper, from mail-order tire places.  i run
225-50-15's on 15x8 rims.

hope this is useful...

doug s.