Re: front end mice

The lower A arm bushings are not supposed to twist around the axis of the
spindle.  When you crank those lock nuts down, they effectively lock the inner
shell of the bushing to the spindle, thus anchoring that part of the bushing
so it cannot move.    The bushing is the movable part, i.e., it moves against
itself, internally - my naive understanding is that it is a sort of plastic
collar that is inside two metal shells.  One metal shell is locked to the
spindle, the other is locked against the A arm, and they rotate about the
plastic collar - sort of.  I don't believe that the bushing is supposed to
offer any resistance to this rotating motion, that is the design function of
those big coil springs just outboard of the A arm's anchor.   If the bushing
is in fact twisting around the spindle shaft, both the bushing and the spindle
are in fact trash, and need to be replaced.  If those bushings  are squeaking,
they probably need to be replaced.
good luck!
Andy