Re: Exhaust Questions

>	The noise I was hearing was very odd.  I would hear it after diving
>somewhere and being next to a car or wall on the driver side.  While idling
>I could hear a metalic creaking noise.  It's hard to describe, put since I
>heard it more when there was something to my left to reflect the noise I
>figured I would look under the car, probably for a creaking exhaust mount
>or loose blast shield.  Found nothing today, but I will keep looking.  Any
>thoughts would be great...

I had a similar noise coming from underneath my '86 GTV6 while visiting my
sister in Scotland (boy did I enjoy those winding single track roads!! The
brake pads didn't, though...). It would appear as the engine/transmission
heated up during spirited driving. It was particularly audible under
acceleration or when blipping the throttle at standstill. The funny thing
is, after 2 days it disappeared again, never to return! My sister suggested
a loose baffle or a bit of the catalytic convertor core in the exhaust as
the culprit, as she once dropped a small nut in the exhaust of her own car,
which caused a very similar noise. A careful inspection of the underside
revealed no loose heatshield, exhaust or anything else amiss, just as in
your case.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix