Re: Oblivious Drivers

In ARD 7.192, TJCallahan@domain.elided asked:
<<
>I photographed a young woman in the middle of Portland
[Oregon] I-5 traffic last year, with 1) a cup of coffee,
2) a TV dinner on her dash, 3) a cell phone, 4) notes on
her steering wheel, and 5) her visor pulled down with a
big mirror for makeup.

 I'm tempted to ask about
any better observations from fellow digesti (Can YOU top
THIS?!?!?), but with limited (0.0) Alfa content I think
I should not.

In 1996, Going into downtown Austin, TX, espied a well-dressed
woman in (of course!) a Miata who was
  a) Smoking a cigarette
  b) Drinking hot coffee
  c) applying makeup
  d) talking on cellular phone
whilst attempting to operate a car with a five speed transmission.

Alfa Content?  Why, I was driving my head-turning '73 Spider,
which I, in a most cowardly manner, pulled into a parking lot to
give her a two minute headstart to locate another group of
possible victims and another section of roadway on which to cause
havoc.

When I got to Texas, I was firmly convinced they were collectively
the worst drivers ever.  Now that I live in California, they are
obviously the least talented.

Clearly, the one thing that binds the human race together,
regardless of race, age, creed or income, is the undying conviction
that everyone else's driving stinks. Everyone else, of course,
has the same opinion with regards to you.

I quote the Master:
    Everyone who drives slower than you is a pest.
    Everyone who drives faster than you is a lunatic.
                             -- George Carlin

Warren Nicholson
Santa Clara, CA
'73 Spider (formerly a resident of Texas)
'74 GTV  (currently undergoing emergency taillight surgery)