164S question #2

I've owned a 164S for about 6 months and it has replaced my Verde as a daily
driver.

Just recently, I'm experiencing "surging" while driving off from a dead stop.
To compensate for this, I have to rev the engine higher and slip the clutch a
lot - not something I want to continue doing.  Besides, it looks like I don't
know what I'm doing and my Alfa loses "face", in a neighborhood of BMW's and
Mercedes.

Any ideas ?

Thanks - and I still have those MXV4s for sale.

Dave Westphal