RE: 164S question #2

I have had the same thing happen a LOT to my 91 S. The first onset was
around 23-25K miles, where I complained aboout it enough to my dealer, and
they eventually told me it needed a complete valve job and cleaning that
would cost a load. My warranty covered it, and it took care of the problem
for a long while. It came back around 50k, and a good long dose of Chevron's
Techron took care of it. I think it's just overaccumulation of deposits on
the valves, or something like that.
My suggestion: give her a good dose of Chevron's Techron, or something as
good (any suggestions digesters???). It might take a couple of tanks full,
but make sure as soon as you're done to get an oilchange (maybe waiting
until your close to the next change would be a good economical idea) b/c
some of the solvent may thin your oil.
Mark Domby
91 164S blk/blk Recaros, 59K miles  (Gabrielle)