alfa/volvo

There is a subtle aspect which I did not see covered, and which I think
still applies -- a taughtly designed item is more critical than a looser
design.  It is easy to make a multi-buck error on an Alfa; probably less
so on a Volvo.  An Alfa, treated as a "put-in-gas and turn-the-key" is
likely to bite.  The corner gas station is more likely to make a
disasterous error on an Alfa (and they tend to know it, and refuse to work
on them).  How many notches can the valve timing of a Volvo be off without
self-destruct?

Yes, the Alfas (at least those brought into the US since '75) is
remarkably strong and reliable, but that does <not> mean they do not
require an attentive operator, and accurate work.

r.m.bies