RE: 10548 Cams in a Spica Car

Here is some advice I received from and AD member who had been coached by
Tom Zat on setting up a 2L Spica engine with Euro cams.  I called Tom to
confirm the settings.

"I took the cam holder off the exhaust side and put it on the intake side
and adjusted the intake cam to it.  Then I put the exhaust cam holder back
on the exhaust side and put the intake cam holder back on the intake side
and remarked that cam holder for later use.  Then he had me advance the
spica pump by one notch or tooth on the pulley.  And advance the timing as
far as I could go with out spark knock."

This leaves you with intake at about 98deg and exhaust at 102deg.  I
followed the instructions with my 1750 and got improved results, although
there is not much happening under 2.5k RPM.  Idle was definitely smoother
and great pull from 3-6k+.  I hope this helps.

W. B. Peale
69 GT Veloce