New V6 Start-up challange

After more years than I care to count, my 3 liter GTV6 is coming to
life........almost.  It fires immediately, runs smoothly for 3 or 4 secon=
ds
and dies.  over and over.  The engine is from an '87 Milano, gone through=

completely, the chassis is an '86 GTV6.  I'm using all the stock injectio=
and wiring from the 2.5 GTV6.  Fuel filter is new and the injectors have
been rebuilt and blueprinted, cold start injector has been replaced with
new.  On the list of suspects which haven't been replaced but which did
work when the head gasketless 2.5  came out, are the fuel regulator, pump=

(which does make all the correct noises)  and air flow meter.  The engine=

is quite conservatively built, differing only from stock by the replaceme=
nt
of the cams with the 164S variety. =

    I'm currently trying to start it without an exhaust (did I mention th=
at
it sounds great for that 3 or 4 seconds) so there is no O2 sensor in the
loop at the moment either but I wouldn't think that would matter as its
usually not in the loop till it warms up anyway.  I'm assuming this is a
fuel problem as the fact that it runs well for a few seconds seems to
liberate  the ignition from guilt.  Initial distributer timing was done p=
er
the factory manual.  I'ld really appreciate any thoughts.
   =

Gerry Lehmann
'85 GTV6 - faithful 14 yr servant,  ready to offer up substitution parts
for diagnosis
'86 GTV6 3.0 - almost on the road.