Torrey Pines

To all those who couldn't/didn't make it to the Torrey Pines Concours. . .

You missed a good one.  Mind you, I don't have a vast storage of experience in
high zoot concours, so my basis of comparison is VERY limited.  That said,
though, it was quite beautiful, and the weather co-operated quite well also,
thank you very much.

Others can, and likely will, fill in on all the types and models of Alfa Romeo
which made there appearance, but they were all wonderful.  A true feast for
the eyes.  Listening to the few that I heard start as an aural sensation as
well, especially the older race cars.

I should also mention that the Alfa folks I met were, to a person, gracious
and of good cheer.  I was nice meeting you, and I am sorry if I have forgotten
names, as there were quite a few being exchanged.

To all of those who managed to get in our caravan from the Los Angeles area,
thanx, and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did.  (That includes
"dicing" with the Ferrrari contingent on their way down.  Actually, most of
them did acknowledge the "other" Italian make with a wave and smile.  Those
who didn't bother to even nod in our direction, well, what can you say.
They're helping to perpetuate a stereotype.

I know that all of us Alfisti were have a grand old time.  The cars in the
club display area were a treat as well.  Kudos to David Lee Mericle for making
that all come off.  Sorry I didn't get to meet him, as things were quite busy
at the event.

I'm rambling.  I quit now, and crawl back under the car.

Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California
76 Alfetta GT - Basking in the afterglow of a great weekend