Newbie GTV6

I suspect you should temporize, and look for a relativerly non-rusty car
with blown engine for a transplant.

While you may need the outer skin of the rocker panels, I would doubt that
the whole thing has to be replaced.  Perhaps some patches to the vertical
member.

However, chances are the fronts of those boxes have rusted away, and need
to be restored (carefuly lift the front with the jack, and see if it is in
fact rising).

Also, study the front inner-fender/ horizontal brace carefuly -- this area
often rusts, tending to first be noticable in bubbles near the rear top of
the front fender (by which time bunches has rusted away).  They'd probably
charge you more for a proper fix of that than for the rocker-panel boxes.

Learn to weld.

r.m.bies