Re: LCD Temperature

Dr. Ted Siverns wrote:

>For the 164 (91 S) there are two LCD displays, one for the exterior
>temperature the other for the temperature setting. My top display, that is
>temperature setting, is reading only a few pixels and is largely unreadable.
>Does anyone know if the display is available separately?

I do not believe the LCD display is available separately. I opened the unit
attempting to repair the light for the exterior temperature (not the plug
in type, BTW) and failed the interior light in the process. The LCD can
probably be replaced but you'll need a compatible one along with proper
tools and shop manual. Alfa did a great job hiding screws and fasteners. It
will be almost impossible to find them all without the manual. It may be
easier finding the unit whole from wrecked 164. Good luck!

MLR