Help with my Spider

Hi!

I purchased an '87 Spider 4 weeks ago and have absolutely fallen in love
with this car! Like all intense relationships, there are problems.
Fortunately none of these are serious, and after driving the hell out of
this car over the last few weeks I feel confident the car is in terrific
mechanical shape.  However, the one problem I can't figure out is this & I'm
hoping someone on the list can help:

Like most things Italian, my Alfa demonstrates its exuberant attitude
loudly, in this case by blowing its horn several times after a cold start.
While I find this trait endearing ( my wife gets a great laugh everytime it
happens), it can be embarrasing at the wrong times.  What's strange is this
only happens after the car has been sitting for several hours.  I messed
around with the fuses, but everything seems ok here.  Any ideas?

BTW, I'm new to the list.  To introduce myself, I live in Atlanta, and am 34
years old.  This is my first Alfa.  I also like motorcycles very much and
own a '97 VFR.  It looks like a great group on this list!

Alberto.