Original door straps of the 1750 GTV won't last

Nick Tangney asked 14 Oct about 1750 door straps and has got a lot good
answers too. I have also 1750 GTV -71 and had the same problem. You will
get the new original straps from Rainier Hurtienne if you like. Rainier's
contact information is:

Rainier Hurtienne=20
KFZ-Handel and Ersatzteilservice f=FCr Klassische Alfas
Harpener Feld 34a
44805 Bochum-Gerthe
Germany
(Tel.) +49 234 864143; fax +49 234 864699

Door straps are originally quite problematic detail in our car and the
straps are very commonly broken. The new original parts will not last any
better as the ones the factory has assembled, and that is why I recommend
you to make a new straps by yourself. When you take door interior panel of,
and dismantle the strap mechanism, I'm sure, you will be able to design
stronger straps by yourself from sheetmetal steel or any comparable
material. If you like, I will with pleasure send you a schematic drawing of
the straps I made for my car - they work nicely and are surely the last
things of my car that will be left for the future's archaeologists in 2500
century.

Happy designing,
Antti S.
Finland