Bosch Spider Starting Problem

I have the following starting problem with my '84 USA Bosch spider:

When starting the engine several times and run it shortly for checking
purposes (approx. 1 minute running each time), after the 4th or 5th time it
refuses to start anymore. The starter is operating normally, but the engine
simply will not start anymore. I suppose there is somewhere a too rich
mixture in the system after those short running sessions. Even when I wait
until the next day with the next attempt, it will not start. Also when I
recharge the battery or use another car with jumper cables it will not
start, so battery power seems not to be the problem. Also changing the
plugs does not help. The only way (which I know) to get the engine back to
live is by tow-starting the car by another car. After the engine starts
running, I can smell a heavy amount of fuel around the car.

In normal conditions, the engine starts without any trouble, warm or cold.
Even after 1 month of not using the car (the weather is not always
spider-minded here in the Netherlands) the engine starts with the first
attempt in 2 seconds.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Peter Luxwolda
Amsterdam, The Netherlands