Floor insulation for '69 GTV

A friend recently repaired the hole in the passenger-side footwell of my '69
GTV, which means I am finally ready to install insulation and carpeting.  I
plan to bite the bullet and order the original mouse gray carpet set from
Re-Originals, but I am not sure how to proceed with the insulation.   On the
one hand, I am tempted to forego it as a weight saving measure, but on the
other, I would like some semblance of sound deadening and heat insulation.

Any suggestions for a light, reasonably quiet sound deadening material with
good heat shielding properties?

Thanks,
John
Seattle, WA