F-14, F-15, MiG 29, Su-37

I agree on the initial assessment of the MiG-29.  I have watch them fly and
been up close and touched them.  The "cobra maneuver" is awesome.  They do
have a few thing in their favor.  They are cheep, they had the IR tracking
system for a long time, and they have computer controlled system for firing
the guns.  They do smoke like the early F4 Phantoms or worse.  The quality
of construction leaves a lot to be desired.  I watched a couple tech types
remove a panel under the nose of for some adjustment, and almost didn't get
it back on.  It took a third with his back against it wile the other two put
in the screws.  I must say that the Soviet engineers must be really good
though.  They designed a plan that compares well with anything in the world
that can be assembled by a bunch of monkeys (based on quality of assembly).

The Su 37(I think that is the right number) Flanker is a impressive plane as
well.  The Super Flanker is ahead of us in applied advanced flight controls.

With it all said and done I would put my money on the YF-22.

My additional 2 lira worth

Glenn Beckerdite
Walter Mitty pilot

74GTV