Re: Spider Instrument Lights

Hi all,

Jack Hagerty wrote:

> I have no idea why they went to all the trouble of putting a dimmer on
> the panel lights and then have it only work the little switch lights.
> Maybe they were afraid that you might accidentally extinguish the
> instrument lights at the wrong time.

If you think that's illogical, try an Alfa 90 2.5i (w/digital dash). Two
dimmers - one for the LEDs in the dash, one for all other interior
lights (general dash illumination, HVAC controls, various other
switches, radio controls etc). The illogical bit is the map and dome
light switches in the roof console, which are lit with the parking
lights on, but aren't on a dimmer; and the power-window switches and the
seat controls (?), which aren't lit at all.

Tony
1979 Alfetta 2000
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                            *           CiTR Pty Ltd
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided         *    *         339 Coronation Drive
Phone: +61 7 3259 2382                  *          PO Box 1643
Fax:   +61 7 3259 2259                             Milton Qld 4064
                                      *            Australia