164 door handles

Stress cracking of the door handles is common. You need to get new ones from
a dealer or wrecker. They are not too hard to replace, the 164 homepage has
an excellent description of how to get the door trim off

Pirelli 5000 are the same tyre carcass as P6000 except that the P5000
(Drago) has a directional tread pattern. Directional tread patterns tend to
give better wet weather grip and better straight line stabilty / turn in.
Tyre stores generally don't like them because you need to think about which
way to mount them on the wheel. Also it is not possible to rotate the wheels
from side to side to even up tyre wear (unless you remount the tyres) which
means that wheel alignment becomes a little more critical. This is another
reason that the tyre stores don't like them - most tyre stores are not good
at wheel alignment.

I have had two sets of P5000 and think they are a great tyre. I get very
good milage but I have wrecked a couple - one through bad wheel alignment
and one by puncturing the sidewall on a pothole. Personally, I think that
the P6000 is a comprimise tyre compared with the P5000.

Doug Gould
'91 164L