'71 vs '74 bumpers

Hello all,

After a 17 year old in an Isuzu Trooper decided to back up and trigger
the stop light (not noticing my pretty '74 Spider stopped behind her), I
found out the prices of NOS or replacement front end body parts. In my
usual extremely sharp way, I bought a '71 with good bumpers etc for a
few hundred, thinking I could use the left over cash from the 17 year
old's father to paint the entire car.

Ahhhh so sharp was I! The bumpers (the most expensive part) changed
between '71 and '74. The '74, while identical as far as the visible
Stainless steel parts, mounts differently, and has some sort of shock
absorber dehind the bumper.

Two questions--

1) Is there an easy way to use the lighter '71 bumpers on my '74?

2) If not, what are the '71's bumpers worth (no dents or scratches at
all. (then I can buy a '74 bumper!!!

Thanks to all---------------

Regards, Alan L.