Re: GTV6 does imitation of crispy fried chicken,owner perplexed

I had a similar problem with my '88 spyder starter after having it "rebuilt".
Worked fine for a while and then one day the starter kept running.  I ran to
the trunk, disconnected the battery, tried hooking it back up and same thing-
regardless of ignition switch position.   Took the starter back to the shop,
and they said the new solenoid was defective.  Put a new solenoid and fixed
the problem.  This may have been what intermittently caused my dash guages not
to light up with corresponding no start problem.  I found a slightly melted
wire insulation on a primary wire on the back of the fuse box.  I worked on
the connector there and no starting problems since.  That problem plagued me
for the longest time since it was very intermittent and occurred at the most
incovenient time and places.  Hope this may help.
Paul in Chico