Re:Cops

So you got an attitude ticket.
Go to court and tell the judge.
Watch your mirrors.
The next guy you flip off may have a gun and no badge.
When some guy flips you off, do you just ignore it with no feelings?
"F*** you" is usually a challenge.  You should never issue a challenge until you
know your enemy, and are reasonably assurred of winning.
Having done a lot of commuting on motorcycles since 1966, I've decided a lot of
folks work at taking out their aggressions on the highway and make poor choices.
Did you give any thought, that maybe the horn was to get your attention to some
other problem, other than impatience at your slow start?  Although not in this
instance, did you even think of it?
I've tried to get the attention of drivers to point out a low tire, smoking brakes,
dragging mufflers, and once, even flames dripping from beneath the vehicle.  I have
been rebuked with the single finger salute many times for my efforts.  Yet, I still
try to let others know when I see a potentially hazardous situation developing.
Have you ever stopped to remove a piece of debris from the roadway?  Or, do you just
figure F*** everyone else?

I tend to drive quickly most of the time.  I see the cops usually before they see
me.  Not stopped in more than 25 years. Including 9 hour trips from Eureka to
Huntington Beach (Kawasaki Z-1), 7 hours from San Bernardino to Ukiah (63 Dodge
Polara), (I made this commute for 4 years three or four times a month to fly as an
aircrew member). I don't use a RADAR detector as it would remove some of the
challenge, and could give me a false sense of security.  Besides, I am not sure, and
maybe it is just me, I really notice those big black and white cars with light bars
on top. Those cops on motors also seem to stand out. And just maybe, everybody,
including the truckers, are driving slow and bunched up for a reason.  I figure,
when I get to the point I no longer notice cops, and I start attracting tickets,
I've lost my ability to pay attention and I will adjust my driving accordingly.
I've moved up to bi-focals now. I will miss 155 MPH on a M/C though. Don't do it at
night as most headlamps do not project far enough.

I am sorry, isn't this list here to encourage and support the preservation of fine
motorcars?  As you can see, once a thread "off of the point" starts, all kind of
nuts fall from the tree.

Mike
Northern California