GTA Jr.

I enjoyed Ken Hancock's post in AD7-159:

>>>Regarding raised front ends on GTV's. Didn't you ever see a GTA Jr.
I.e. Braden's Giulia book. I don't think AutoDelta gave a fig about
headlight height . My 69 was always nose high. Worked fine.<<<

Couple other good GTA Jr photos are on p.44 in Brizio Pignacca's book on the
Giulia GTs, another in the series of factory exact side views of the cars as-
built. Four more are in d'Amico-Tabucchi on pps.615, 616, and 618. I don't
have either Tabucchi's or Andriaensens' books on the GTA, regretably.

This is not to dispute what looks right, or how anyone chooses to improve a
car by rectifying factory errors in either aesthetics or engineering, but to
agree with what I think was Ken's basic point, that probably neither Autodelta
nor parent Alfa were unduly concerned with meeting later US regulations
concerning headlight height. If they did it wrong it was pure incompetence,
not bureaucratic meddling.

And, while nobody asked, the GTA 1300 Jr. factory suspension settings, front
and rear, are in the suspension shop manuals I previously cited, #1507 and
#1838, as are those for the GTA.

Parenthetically, when Hollywood did a film on the life of Michelangelo some
years ago the replica they built of the Sistine Chapel as a set was enlarged
10%, because neither the original architect nor Michelangelo himself had done
things well enough the first time.

John H.