Re: Berkeley Then & Now

(My apologies for the lack of Alfa content, Dave sent me a reply to my
off-digest reply to his post on the AD about fascists and cops and his
off-digest reply requested me to send this letter into the digest and see
what you all had to say about it.  I expect Chris Robyn or Andrew Watry to
back me up somewhat on this since they both live here too.)

Dave,
	Are you kidding me?  You know very little if at all about
the situation then, the crap going on then in Berkeley was caused by those
assholes in the administration.  If the UC Berkeley didn't have such a
fine tradition of trying to screw over everyone possible, then we would
never have had a Free Speech Movement.  There are so many conservative
idiots living here it is pathetic, and in rebuttal to your sadly outdated
reference to a post-revolution communist faction, there are no bolsheviks
here, just people who are concerned about the basic freedoms we are all
guaranteed.  You need to educate yourself about Berkeley in the 60's and
now.  There is a fine documentary that appears on the Independent Film
Channel on cable every once in awhile that has that same title, "Berkeley
in the 60's"  I believe, you should watch it and find out the truth about
what really happened here back then.  Granted there are some people who
try to take things much too far in terms of political correctness but I am
in disagreement with those jerks too.  I am NOT some knee-jerk liberal,
but by the same token I am NOT some knee-jerk conservative.  I grew up in
the Midwest in Nebraska in a family of farmers and teachers, I am a member
of the NRA and I was in the Marine Corps for 6 years and served in
Operations Ernest Will, Desert Shield, and Desert Storm in the Persian
Gulf for those last 4 years of my enlistment.  But I KNOW an asshole or a
bunch of assholes when I see one and COPS generally fall into that
category.  The police here are guilty of FAR MORE infractions and
infringements on peoples rights than are any percieved group of
"bolsheviks".  And as far as shooting the bird I will continue to do it to
anyone who I perceive to be a rude, impatient, and/or generally
discourteous driver.  It is my guaranteed right and no member, including
you, of the "niceness police" is going to persuade me otherwise.  THERE
ARE ONLY TWO RULES IN MY LIFE AND I FOLLOW THEM TO THE LETTER:
1) DO THE RIGHT THING
2) DON'T TAKE SHIT FROM ANYONE
and I do this regardless of my political leanings.  I have not sent a copy
of this to the AD digest because I do not consider it a good idea to
clutter up their bandwidth with this non-alfa content.  But a good
addendum to these rules is find out the truth before you go spouting off
to anyone, you just may find someone who knows a lot more about the
subject than you, and they will embarass you when you do.  Feel free to
disagree with me, but only after you've learned a little more about the
subject.  The biggest asshole of them all?  Ronald Reagan, he is the
#1 idiot who started most of the trouble in Berkeley, he is a goddamned
low-life HUAC collaborator, FBI snitch for Senator Joe McCarthy, and
lastly he is generally deluded about everything that goes on in the world!
I think the Alzheimer's got ahold of that waste of skin a long time ago,
we just didn't know it then!  Enough vitriol, back to alfas.

						Regards,
						Regan Copple
						79 Spider
						73 Montreal