Buying 74 GTV 2000

<Noticed you have GTV.  Just saw an ad in local paper for a 74 GTV 2000.
<Says he has owned it 14 years, in storage for 10 years.  Only other
<statement is that it has Weber carbs and Shankle cams.  Asking $2,500
<firm.

<Any advice?  This 69 Spider is my first Alfa (since December).  May be
<interested in this car.  What should I look for?  What are the "sale
<killers"?  Need some buying advice.   How's the price?

Paul,

There is a bit of a buyer's guide at my website which may help. Buying a car
that has been stored is risky though: brakes particularly don't like not being
used, and 10 years is a long time for an engine to sit. Tyres would need
replacing of course. I would regard any car that has been stored that long as a
project: assume that it will need work before you can use it. But if that's what
you want, go for it! They are a great car....

THE issue that really matters is rust: costs more to fix than any mechanical
problems. If possible find someone who does know these cars (and where they
rust) to look at it with you. Can't comment on price in your part of the world.

Why was it stored?

Good luck,

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV

Alfa Romeo 105 series Bertone Coupe home page and register at:
      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1806/105GTV.HTML