re: Help w/fuse problem

hi kit,  you said:
>Today, I decided to replace my third brake light bulb which has been out for a
>few weeks.  Every time I hit the brake pedal, the "brake" and "stop" lights on
>the warning panel would light up.  After replacing the bulb, I asked my
>fiancee to check if the third light was lit - it did not - no big deal.  The
>problem was that all of my brake lights would not light up when I hit the
>brake pedal.  Upon opening the fuse box, we found that the brake light fuse
>had blown. Everytime we replaced the fuse and hit the brake pedal, the fuse
>would blow. This would happen with the new bulb in, old bulb back in, or no
>bulb at all.  Now, my "brake" and "stop" lights blink constantly and I have no
>rear brake lights. Help! I'm afraid I'll get pulled over!
i'd worry more about getting rear-ended!

what i'd first try is taking ALL the brakelite bulbs out, carefully clean all
the contacts (& bulbs) and re-install them, one at a time, trying the brakes
after each one.  also, czech which other circuits run off this fuse, and czech
them out, also.

hope this helps some,

doug s.