In memorium: 1925-1945

All the recent talk about 'facists' has made me rather happy that I live in an
underdeveloped community (and ungated neighborhood) where I usually leave both
my Alfas (oblig.cont.) and house unlocked, fearing neither the police, the
students (usually just selling cookies), my ethnically mixed neighbors, or the
only very occasionally enraged uncouths encountered in traffic. It may be that
I am living in a fool's paradise, and will have a rude awakening when the
realities of modern life impinge, but so far I experience little more
threatening, locally, than an odd flowering of religious fundamentalism (sect
prudently unidentified) and a couple of peculiar Senators, as evidence of
strange warps in the woof (or weft, if you prefer) of the social fabric.

But the spelling of 'facists' offers hope that with the onrushing evolution of
literacy we may start referring to 'nasis' (as in ecconasis, environasis,
smog-nasis, safety nasis) which would be ever so slightly less egregious than
the usual form.

John H.