GTV6 Propshaft Donut

     The front propshaft donut on my '84 GTV6 (47,000 miles) is beginning
     to breakup. I've heard it "pop" a couple of times and can see, through
     the inspection aperture, that the rubber is torn through in a couple
     of places. Although, surprisingly, the car is still running relatively
     smoothly, I'm limiting my use and driving it very gingerly whenever I
     do take it out.

     Question: Can I replace just the front donut, without removing the
     entire prop? If I do have to remove the entire assembly, I guess I may
     as well replace all three donuts?

     I've referred to my Haynes manual, but find it difficult to judge how
     big a job this may be. Some shared advice and experience from other
     list members will be very helpful. Thanks.

     Terry

** NOTICE **

Please note, the format of our email addresses have changed.
Please update your address book to use firstname.lastname
before the @ instead of firstname_lastname.
We no longer use underscores in our Internet mail addresses.