tach question

     In the parts I got with my Sprint, there is UK Jaeger 4-inch
     tachometer, RN 1319/01, with 3.55:1 gearing printed on the face.  The
     redline is at 7000, and the yellow line is at 6500.  Doesn't look like
     any Alfa tach to me.  Can anyone identify this?  The style looks like
     it came from a British car of the mid 1960s, but what besides a Lotus
     Elan or Lotus Cortina would have that high a redline?  And they
     probably wouldn't have that numerically low a differential gear.

     Andrew Watry