spider problem-fuel pressure??

I have had this problem with my 90 Spider (Motronic) for about a year now.
However, it is getting progressively worse.  Here's the problem:  when the
car is cold (sitting for 8+ hours) and I start it, it will idle for about 15
seconds then die.  I have to keep the revs up at about 1300 rpm to keep it
running.  When this first started I was able to drive out of my driveway and
then come to a stop and the car was fine.  Now, even driving @ 1/2 mile it
will die when I come to a stop.  Then I restart it and it will be fine until
it sits for another 8+ hrs.  I have replaced the air valve which lets in more
air when cold, the temperature sensor, and have had the throttle position
switch tested and adjusted.  The problem still persists.  The ECU is not
giving any error codes.  I even put in a different ECU and the problem
continued.

My question:  Is it possible for the fuel pressure regulator to let the fuel
pressure lower overnight so as to not have enough pressure for the car to run
(until the pressure builds)?  And then operate correctly all day until I park
the car overnight?  To me it seems that if the fuel pres. reg. fails, it
should show symptoms all of the time?  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks in
advance.

Rob Murphy
Coral Springs, FL

End of alfa-digest V7 #157