164 Backup Light Switch -Reply

 "Steven Mindy" <wire154@domain.elided> writes...

>Does anyone have any experience changing the backup lights switch on the
>transmission housing of a manual 164?  Although this looks pretty easy
>(screw out old one, screw in new one), I'm afraid I may be missing
something.

This is one of those jobs that actually is as easy as it looks.  All that
is needed is a deep socket or box wrench (24mm, if I remember correctly).
 When my backup lights went away I didn't even bother testing the switch
- - I just replaced it and in 5 minutes I had backup lights again.  BTW,
this is also the hole I use to refill the tranny fluid - much, much
easier than getting access to that dipstick buried way back there.

Still here, but been busy,

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]