Tire profiles

     I might have asked this question before, but if I did I lost the
     answer.  I actually believe I know the answer but I'd like a more
     definitive source.

     My question is:

     What is the tire profile on, say, pre-80 Alfas?

     Data points I have from looking at the easily-available literature
     (Brooklands books, owners manuals, etc):

     - all 1750/2000 GTVs and Spyders to 1974 say merely 165H-14.
     - Montreal is 195/70-14 (the earliest reference I could find of a
     profile lower than the then-"standard" profile of 78 or 80; befits
     Montreal's "supercar" status).
     - 1975 Alfetta Sedan is still 78 profile
     - 1975 Alfetta Coupe is 70 profile
     - GTV6 is 60 profile

     Questions I still have:

     - Is there any place where it is explicitly spelled out that the 74
     and earlier cars (except Montreal) had 78 or 80 profile tires?
     - Were all Alfetta sedans on 78 series, or did they eventually to 70
     series?
     - What is the history of Spyders?  Did they go to 70 series in 1975
     along with Alfetta coupe, or later?  Did they ever go to 60 series?
     - What about the early cars, e.g. Giulietta?  Were they on 155/80-15,
     or an even higher profile?

     Doug Bender

     74 GTV (awaiting engine rebuild...gotta get serious about it)
     83 GTV6 (temporary time trialer, in process of becoming a daily
     driver.  Not competitive with GTVs on the track, maybe better at
     Willow Springs.)