Engine Removal

	I'm contemplating an engine rebuild of my Spider's engine this
fall/winter.  I've got an 'open air garage' with just two strips of
concrete called a driveway (1920's house) and it is on a decline.  The
decline and driveway rule out an engine host so I was thinking that I could
remove it in two pieces; the head first and then the block.  I've removed
the head before with two people but never the block.  Can this be done
without a host?  Or do I have to cobble something together such as a tripod
with a chain host?  Any other ideas??

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado