Gas lid release cable

<<<<<
I am looking for some help.  I'm not technically inclined, so please
bear with me.  :) The cable that connects from the fuel door hatch to
the little lever located on the driver door frame which operates it has
snapped on my '90 Spider.

As far as parts go, my 97-98 parts catalog from IAP lists the cable at
$9.75, and they have good tech advisors who can tell your boyfriend how
to install the cable (and any other parts that might be necessary.)
1-800-726-0555.

<<<<<
To make his life a little bit easier, could anyone please let me know
what sort of parts I would need to buy for the fix as well as how to go
about it and how long it would take?  In other words...is a six pack
sufficient or do I need to buy a whole case of beer??????

Well, a good deal of crawling around under a car that is low to the
ground will be required.  Forget the beer.  Try a romantic, candlelight
dinner at an Italian restaurant, a bottle of Chianti or Barolo (although
I'm partial to the Sangiovese wines, myself.)  Of course, you *MUST*
drive the Spider to the restaurant.  Remember, this is a romantic car,
and lovers deserve as much romance as they can manage!  That tender,
caring relationship should be treasured and protected as long as
possible!  (After all, eventually there can be marriage, and kids, and
suddenly you're selling your Spider for something more "practical" <g>.)

(Let me refer you to my web site for a description of what happened when
my wife and I tried to celebrate our anniversary last year with *my*
Spider: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/scuderia_warren  Look
under the Club Information section.)

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "Snow Hawk", 150k miles
1985 Spider Veloce, "LongShot-II", 145k miles (but sold due to having 3
kids)
1977 Spider Veloce, "LongShot", ??? miles (blew up on Interstate)