Whoops, I lied - re: Brake conversion

>>Subject: Giulietta Brake conversion

Alfert had asked:

>>Does anyone have experience converting drum to disc brakes?
>>ATE discs ... claim to be a bolt on with the mounting bracket
>>from Centerline, but ... the steering geometry is effected.

And, I foolishly replied

>... the wheel offset would be changed...

But, what I was forgetting was that the aftermarket brackets
that mount the later ATE calipers to the earlier 750/101
spindles, sandwiche BETWEEN the steering arm and the spindle,
thereby moving the steering arms about 1" in toward the
center of the car.  So, in order to avoid the "radical tow
out" effect, you need to shorten the two rods that attach to
the steering arms - not a big deal.

However, after doing this, and setting the tow-in back to
its correct setting, you are still left with a revised
geometry - the pivot between the steering arms and the rods
(are they called "drag links"?) has been shifted by that 1".
Can anyone comment on whether such a change would create a
problem?

Jay Mackro