catdaddy

Rich Hirsch ends with:

> '66 Sprint GTV <- my Catdaddy car

Reminded about the infamous "catdaddy car" mystery, I decided to
get my crack research team, a/k/a Mom, to work on the question,
knowing that she is the proud possessor of two-thirds of the
Historical Dictionary of American Slang (mercifully, both "cat"
and "daddy" fall early in the dictionary, as the third and final
volume has yet to be published).
Here is what she found:

> Hi E -- You are onto fresh slang -- the term does not specifically
> appear in the Dictionary of Slang.  However, "cat" is there with
> many meanings, the first of which is promiscuous woman, prostitute.
> Others relate to devotee (as in jazz), prison informer, tractors,
> etc.  In Black English, cat as a verb means to roam around
> especially at night.  "Daddy" has as its first definition, older
> man in prostitute lingo and not too far down the list is pimp.  I
> suspect that a cat daddy car would be what we've called a pimp
> mobile but it sounds like the correspondent to the newsletter is
> thinking of something like a car to prowl around in and impress
> the chicks with ...

Hmm... I can't say '66 Sprint GTV quite fits the pimpmobile image.
For some reason the Milano (75) was a very popular car with the local
drug dealers - for many years we wondered why our Alfa dealer was in
such a rundown neighborhood; with the coming of the crack boom it
turned out they simply had been prescient.  But a GT pimpmobile?  There
isn't enough headroom for the obligatory pimp hat!
(catdaddy hat?)

Elie Spiesel
'76 Spider of unknown catdaddy-ness