RE: Catdaddy

I recently saw the film "Dead Presidents" by the Hughs brothers (same
cats that brought us 'Menace II Society'), in which a character refered
to another character as "catdaddy."  Within the context of the scene
(which occurs about 10 minutes into the film), "catdaddy" is something
you may call a really cool dude.  The film spans the late 50s to early
70s urban black America.

This catdaddy thing reminds me of something I read in a newspaper some
years ago: a young woman was royally pissed because she was called a
"hellcat" - which she took to mean 'prostitute.'  The man claimed he was
referring to Grumman Hellcat, which he meant as a compliment.

- -Frank