Re: '91 164S: need purchase advice...

Lorsen Koo wrote:

> but...
> -car was inspected at "continental motors Sunnyvale, CA", anyone know this
> place?

Yeah, I bring my alfas there, A friend gets his Maserati BiTurbo and Fiat X1/9
serviced there too.  I've had no problems there other than a very few niggly
things like a loose bolt on a new exhaust manifold.  Rich doesn't seem to be
particularily passionate about Alfas (but then again, I'm an obsessed Alfa
nut) but I know he used to work for an Alfa Dealer and he has a GTV6.  Stevens
Creek BMW (I think...some Bay Area BMW place) has been outsourcing work to him
- - so I guess thats a good sign.

$7900 seems WAY too high for this car, look for the mid fives, maybe early
sixes.

> possible alfa owner,
> Lorsen Koo
> San Jose, CA

Good luck!

BTW My Friend with the Maserati BiTurbo and Fiat X1/9 recently picked up a
1980 red Maserati Merak! That machine is awesome!!!  If any of you guys know
this car you know its a looker, but a burbling V6 inches behind you.  I've
driven it at < 35 mph in suburbia but I'm promised a ride at 'proper' speeds
sometime..maybe on highway 1..  It uses the same demister/emergency switches
as my Alfetta GT.  He gets this baby serviced at Ferrari Los Gatos.

Keith Ahern
85 Spider Velcoe (poor mans Ferrari 250 GT California Spider)
79 Sprint Veloce Gran Tourismo (poor mans GTV6)
88 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4.0 ( new aquisition for skiing season - so easy to
work on!)