Caribou tops and 1750 GTV throttle lag(?)

G'day, I have two questions for the collective wisdom of the digest.

The first relates to the Caribou top I purchased for my Spider about 4 to 5
years ago, which I am finally getting around to putting on (the old top just
kept on going). I must have purchased the top before the instructions that
Caribou give out with their top as standard, were available. I've spoken to
Ed at Caribou and rather than put him out of pocket by faxing these to me, I
was wondering if anybody already has or would be willing to scan these
instructions in and email them to me?

Second question relates to a somewhat minor problem with my 1750 GTV. This
car is stock euro spec ie. 40 DCOE webers, 10548 cams etc. When the car is
revved and then let to come back to idle speed it stays at around 1200 RPM
for a little while (10 seconds or so) and then finally returns to its real
idle speed of 600 to 700 RPM. When it has done this I have quickly hopped
out of the car to see if I can pull the throttle back manually. My
impression is that this is possibly the problem and that maybe the throttle
body shaft is worn and not returning to its idle position straight away. I
have a fairly strong external spring in place, directly attached to the ball
on the linkage.

Anyone else had this problem? any other suggestions will be greatly
appreciated (float levels?). The car is idling O.K. although I have noticed
that it has become difficult to start lately (will start but takes a while
to pick up)

Warren Reid
Melbourne Australia
86 Spider Veloce