Re:Caribou tops and 1750 GTV throttle lag(?)

>Second question relates to a somewhat minor problem with my 1750 GTV. This
>car is stock euro spec ie. 40 DCOE webers, 10548 cams etc. When the car is
>revved and then let to come back to idle speed it stays at around 1200 RPM
>for a little while (10 seconds or so) and then finally returns to its real
>idle speed of 600 to 700 RPM.

Carbs are out of balance. Get them right by using the balance screw, the
one at an angle right in the centre, that synchronizes the throttle
openings. If you're a musician - use a piece of tubing to listen to the air
rushing into #2 and then into #3 (with filter removed). Adjust till the
tones are the same. If you're tone deaf - trial and error works pretty
good. Adjust screw about 1/4 turn in one direction - blip throttle -
better?worse? If worse go the other way from initial position. If better -
fine tune for best position.

All this said, sometimes the idles can get so much out of kilt that this
symptom occurs. Check that idles are open 2 and 1/4 turns initial, from
closed position, then go from there to fine tune.

Good Luck.

Les