RE: 78 spider electrical fumbling

> the guys who put the radio in my spider left some of the four indicator
> lights disconnected and connected my brights (oh so generously) to the
> oil warning indicator.  i'd like to try my hand at correcting these
> things, but feel luke warm on the issue since i'm only moderately handy
> and have no experience with wiring.

for the brights/oil indicator, you can probably just move the entire bulb
housing from one slot to another.  for the rest, just poke around behind the
dash, you've probably got a couple of hanging wires, and a couple of bulbs
with no wires connected to them.  a wiring diagram will help get the right
color wire to the right bulb, but trial and error will probably get you
there too.

access is probably the most difficult part..

>   is this something i might tackle w/o a schematic, or do i risk
> over-loading some circuits?  is it fairly straight forward?  the car's at
> the garage now, so having someone else (alfa guy) do it is another
> option.
>
> also, is there any trick to re-securing the hard, plastic air duct that
> runs under the dash (which, i believe, actually supports the dash)?  last
> time i tried i got frustrated and gave up.

the plastic air duct is connected to flexible rubber ducting, which in turn
is connected to the dash.  the hard ducting does not support the dash.

which end needs re-securing?  for the end near the heater housing, it's a
matter of positioning the duct correctly and using the proper size bolt.  i
think there are supposed to be three bolts on each side, although people
frequently leave out one of them.  the other end of the hard duct goes to
the flexible ducting, the other end of the flexible ducting goes up and
connects to the dash - that end is straightforward, but a little tricky.

good luck,

bs