Re: Sacrificial Magnesium Anode

From: karlcchen@domain.elided (KARL C CHEN)

>I found my magnesium anode from IAP was almost gone after been
>in engine for a year !  I think this thing really works.

>IAP has a picture shown anode before and after, it was pitted.
>I thought the picture was exaggerated.  They should take a
>look at mine, it was eaten.

Very strange. Are you sure it's working right? The way they normally
look after they've been in a while is all swollen and lumpy. The magnesium
bonds with the ions floating around in your water to form magnesium salts
like MgCl and magnesium hydroxide. These are usually lumpy brown and tan
deposits, at least that's what mine looks like after a year or so.

I still have back issues of the July '92 issue of the Cams with my article
on these plugs and how they work (no, Graham, you can't have another :-)

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  Black holes are where God divided by zero. |
| Livermore, CA		      |             - Anon.                         |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |